Best bike pump is one of the essentials you need to have as a cyclist; especially when you’re a cyclist, either in a garage or with you on the go. However, selecting the appropriate one may be tiresome and time-consuming. Hence, we’ve come up with a list of the best bike pumps currently on the market right now.
Make sure to read carefully, and scroll down for a buying guide to choose the perfect on-road companion for you.
The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Best Bike Pump In 2021
What Are The Best Bike Pumps To Buy?
Take a look at this list which I’ve included the best bike pumps for you to consider:
- Best Value: Aergun X-1000 Bike Pump
- Best for Entry-Level: BV Bike Pump
- Best Cheap: Vibrelli Bike Pump
- Best for Road Bikes: Topeak Road Morph Bike Pump
- Best for Emergency: Audew Portable Bike Pump
- Best for Kids: Cingfanlu Bike Pump
- Best Bang for Bucks: Crankbrothers Bike Pump
- Best for Teating Tubeless Tires: Topeak JoeBlow Booster Bike Pump
- Best for Travel: Lezyne CNC Bike Pump
- Best for Low-Pressure Fat Tires & Moderate-Pressure MTB: Topeak JoeBlow Dualie Bike Pump
Now, get ready to dive into the best bike pumps I’ve picked for today.
Best Value: Aergun X-1000 Bike Pump
- Air tight pump head results in an industry leading bicycle pump that is easy to use; Requires no fiddling, switching or adapters and has a convenient pressure telease valve to quickly and precisely remove air from tires to adjust for different types of training or riding (trail, road, etc…)
- High pressure action easily fills bike tires up to 160 PSI (11 Bar); Necessary for high performance bikes
- Adjustable easy-to-read gauge indicator for easy, accurate fill; Sturdy, steel barrel with long, flexible hose for a more convenient tire pump on all bikes and inflatables
- Precision engineered with top of the line grade aluminum, so you get quick, accurate, reliable inflation before a race or workout; Great for racing teams, international competition, and cross country touring
- Includes ball and bladder needles for: Fitness & soccer balls, basketballs, footballs, pool toys and more; Comes with a 3 year no questions warranty
You’d regret not finding this Aergun X-1000 Bike Pump sooner. It is one of the best high-performing all-purpose bike pumps I’ve ever tested.
I highly recommended this product to anyone new to cycling due to the user-friendliness of the pump head. Plus, it is also used for racing teams, international competitions, and even cross-country touring.
What makes things easier is the fact that it accepts both Presta and Schrader valves, which fills the tires quickly and leaves no air leakage as soon as you pull the tube out.
A settable red pointer is a bonus since it helps you set to your desired pressure, so when you pump up, it’ll get you to exactly where you want it to be.
It’s such a great cycling piece of equipment that gets the job done well at a fair price.
- Budget-friendly price
- Lightweight, portable, convenient for transportation
- Requires no fiddling, switching or adapters
- The base is a bit small
- Dimensions (inches) 9.5 x 5 x 24.2
- Weight (lbs) 2.43
- Compatible with Presta and Schrader tires
- Pressure Release Valve effectively removes air to adjust for different types of tires without air leakage
- Easy-to-read gauge
Best for Entry-Level: BV Bike Pump
- Steel barrel
- Floor pump with easy to read gauge, 160 psi
- For Presta and Schrader Valves
- Egromically designed comfortable handle
Here comes another affordable Amazon’s choice bike pump I’d like to introduce you to, and that is the BV Bike Pump.
Just like the previous model, it’s equipped with an automatically reversible valve stem in which one side fits the Schrader tires, while the other one fits the Presta tires. Imagine how convenient it is!
This unit also comes with other attachments so that you can use them to inflate a basketball, or any other inflatables.
Plus, it has adjustable target PSI to prevent you from under- or over-inflating your tires.
And using this bike pump isn’t rocket surgery at all, thanks to the 6 steps of very-easy-to-use instruction guide.
- Entry-level pump at a very reasonable price
- 34’’ long rubber hose for convenience
- Comes with a sports ball needle and inflatable device
- Markings on the gauge is not accurate
- Dimensions (inches) 24 x 9.5 x 5
- Weight (lbs) 2
- Lockable Twin Valve design for Presta, Schrader and Dunlop tires
Best Cheap: Vibrelli Bike Pump
- Large Accurate Gauge: Vibrelli’s bike pump with gauge is built and tested for high pressure precision. The bicycle pump pressure gauge is large, accurate, and easy to read.
- Rapid T-Valve: Presta valve bike pump also inflates Schrader valves, with a simple flick of a switch. The “Rapid T-Valve” on the bike tire pump seals strong with no annoying leaks
- Inflates to 160 PSI: With a strong steel barrel and reinforced handle, Vibrelli’s bicycle tire pump is tested for accuracy to high pressure, it’s the perfect road bike pump
- Includes: Bike air pump comes with an Emergency Glueless Puncture Kit, so you don’t get caught on the road or trail with a flat! Includes ball inflation needle and valve for inflatable devices, so you can use your bicycle pump for pool toys and sports bal
Looking for a pump that fills your mountain bike tires in a wink? Meet the Vibrelli Bike Pump, a strong competitor to the Aergun X-1000 model.
Its overall construction is just excellent, and the tripod base style is a lot sturdier and reduces much of the unwanted wobbles.
With a simple flick of the switch, you can easily change from Presta to Schrader valve (and vice versa) with a little air loss, thanks to the T-Valve design.
Plus, the purchase comes with a glueless patch kit in case you get flat when you’re out.
- A bang for your bucks
- Offers ball needle and inflatable device
- Large, easy-to-read gauge
- No internal cushioning in piston
- Dimensions (inches) 24.5 x 10.5 x 5.9
- Weight (lbs) 2.5
- Compatible with Presta and Schrader valves
- Toggle lever rotates to the appropriate head
Best for Road Bikes: Topeak Road Morph Bike Pump
- Used by both professional and amateur riders alike
- Made using high quality materials and components
- Tested to ensure quality and durability
- HEAD Fits Presta/Schrader/Dunlop valves
- GAUGE In-line gauge, Reads 140 psi/9.6 bar
In trouble while on the road? The Topeak Road Morph Bike Pump will come to save you.
It’s a nice emergency bike pump for every cyclist. And it comes with a Presta valve by default, which is super convenient for road bikes.
Despite the fact it doesn’t have an auto-adjusting head, you can still fill your Schrader tires simply by screwing off the cover and flipping the inside piece around, which takes about 10 seconds to do so.
The fold-out foot pad helps stabilize when you pump with the padded T-handle to give you added comfort.
One thing I need to remind you is to make sure you remove the excess zip ties, otherwise you’ll have your legs scratched.
- Perfectly fits the crossbar of the bike
- Instructions is unclear and undocumented
- Dimensions (inches) 1.1 x 2.2 x 13.8
- Weight (lbs) 11.4 ounces (approx. 0.7lbs)
- Works with Schrader and Presta tires
- Bracket included
Best for Emergency: Portable Bike Pumps
- Get Back Riding Fast - Reach riding pressure with 30% fewer pumping strokes than conventional mini bike pumps. High pressure up to 100 psi/6.9 bar.
- Super Compact and Lightweight - Only 7.4 inches long and 4.0oz in weight, perfect for Size and Weight obsessed cyclists.
- Reliable and Built To Last - Made from superior quality CNC machined aluminum alloy with durable and precise parts, which are built to last so you can have a safe and enjoyable ride.
- Presta and Compatible - Secure thread-on valve connection, enables a tight seal with no air leaks. Not compatible with non threaded valve extenders. For Presta valves with removable cores, extra care should be taken to tightly screw the core into the valve stem.
- No Rattles or Lost Pump with our safe and secure frame mount bracket with extra security strap. Important: Pre-drilled holes in bike frame required for installation of pump mount.
The name says it all – a portable, lightweight, and reliable inflator offered usually at such a bargain price point.
Made of high-quality aluminum alloy, this pump is very sturdy and you can even carry it under the rain since it’s also waterproof.
I must say I’m impressed with the product. The manufacturer is very caring towards its customers because it provides a bundle of accessories, all neatly packed in a kit perfect for storage or travel.
Plus, it’s super lightweight which is convenient to bring it around.
- A great bang for your bucks
- Nicely designed
- Portable, easy to carry with
- Valve does not lock on the tube
- Dimensions (inches) 7.3 x 0.98 x 0.98
- Weight (lbs) 3.4
- Compatible with Schrader and Presta tires
- A complete package of instruments
Kitbest Bike Pumps
- Durable & Lightweight - KITBEST bike pump is made of high-quality aluminum alloy, it is lightweight (only 200g), small and portable bike pump. This bicycle pump is very easy to be put into the bike bag or attached on the bike frame.
- Easy to Inflate - Its ergonomic design enables this bicycle pump to reach riding pressure with 30% fewer strokes compared to other bike pumps, up to 130 psi capacity to inflate the bike tire, bicycle tire and balls faster than other conventional bike tire pump.
- Wide Applications - This bicycle pump comes with switchable valve head fits for Presta / Dunlop and Schrader valves, which can inflate for BMX, mountain, road and commuter bikes, electric vehicles, motorcycles, sports balls and swimming rings. Plus, Sports ball needle included for inflating basketballs, footballs, soccer balls, volleyballs, air bed, pool toy and any inflatable balls toys.
- For Presta and Schrader Valves – This switchable valve head is perfectly designed, with a convertible valve head which can be easily switched to fit both Presta and Schrader valve in a second
- 100% Money back guarantee for lifetime - If you are not completely satisfied with our bike pump, simply contact to us for a full refund or free replacement with no condition
With the Kitbest Bike Pump, you’ll get everything done within seconds at an incredibly low price.
While including everything needed to pump your tires, it also offers some needles to help you inflate sports balls.
Besides, it has a holder for you to mount the bike pump to your frame, convenient when your tires go flat.
However, you need to pay attention to the nozzle, which has to be securely attached to the valve to prevent air loss. If the problem persists, what you need to do is to simply turn it to the right.
- Surprisingly lightweight
- Metal foot
- Great combination of good quality and fair price
- No pressure gauge
- Dimensions (inches) X
- Weight (lbs) 2.88 ounces (approx. 0.1lbs)
- Works great on both valve stems
- A quick release chuck for bicycle fittings
Best for Kids: Cingfanlu Bike Pump
- 【Get Back Riding Fast&Durable】- Dual action pumping and thumb lock,High pressure up to 120 psi, reach riding pressure with 30% fewer pumping strokes than conventional bike pumps.capacity that allows you to use this floor pump to inflate the bike tire from flat during emergencies repair or keep the tire pressure up during the long rides.So you can have a safe and enjoyable ride
- 【Super Tight Presta & Schrader&Dunlop No Leaks】- Newly designed valve head on the bike pump is compatible with Presta,Dunlop and Schrader valves, so you can switch valves as you need.No adapters needed! Secure thread-on valve connection, enables a super tight seal with no air leaks and NO MORE DAMAGED BIKE TIRE VALVES!
- 【Portable,Lightweight And Exquisite Construction】- Crafted with 100% BRAND NEW AND HIGH QUALITY ultra weightless aluminum alloy material. Bring this portable bike pump and you can fix bike pump to the bike bracket or place it in your bike bag, backpack and other places. No paint stripping, no rusting. Durable quality to use longer and save money. You will be able to deal with a flat tire outside anywhere and any time.
- 【Durable and Stable Aluminum Bike Pump】- This portable mountain bike pump is made of superior quality aluminum alloy barrel with precise parts. Longer service life than plastic types, and enables a tight seal with no air leaks. The Mountain Bike Pump can not only pump up mountain & road bikes, but also electric vehicles,strollers,wheelchairs,motorcycles or even a car.The extra gas needle help to pump sports ball,Inflatables Items.It is your best partner for your bike and some Sports Ball.
- 【100% GUARANTEED CUSTOMER SATISFACTIONE】- Friendly and Responsive Customer Service team provide Lifetime Free Replacement or Money back guarantee for your Portable Mountain Bike Pump. If you have any question, please feel free to contact us with email, we will solve any question for you within 12 hours.
Don’t skip if you’re seeking a pump that the kids could use without your help.
The Cingfanlu Bike Pump is a universal companion for virtually everything you need to inflate,
whether bike tires, volleyballs, or even balloons.
Not made of great quality, but it’s super versatile as it can work as either a hand pump or a foot pump, which is labour-saving.
The package also comes with 2 straps for you to tie the pump to your bike frame. Preferably, I like to put it vertically in my camel backpack since it doesn’t take up much space, all thanks to the nicely made design.
- Unbeatable price
- Light like air
- Small and compact
- Loose items are easy to lose
- Dimensions (inches) 12.2 x 1.5
- Weight (lbs) 0.47lbs
- Compatible with Presta and Schrader valves
- Ultra-portable and lightweight
Pedro’s Floor Bike Pumps
- Country of Origin :Taiwan
- Product Type :AIR PUMP
- Package Dimension :14.0 cm x 24.9 cm x 68.6 cm
- Package Weight :1.724 kg
I’ve been using it for quite a while, and it has lived up to my expectations, which gets the job done in no time.
The Pedro’s Floor Bike Pump is made of high-quality material that lasts for years. My friend has used it like jackhammer ever since he bought it, but had no complaints or so about the quality.
Thanks to the dual valve head that works exceptionally well, you can inflate both types of tires without using any extra tubes, though it takes a bit of effort to switch to another mode.
- Inflates practically everything with ease
- Hard plastic handle
- Dimensions (inches) 30 x 9.5 x 5.5
- Weight (lbs) 2.65
- Dual valve head
- Well-constructed for durability and sturdiness
Schwinn Air Center Bike Pumps
- Dual easy indicator pump head fits both Shrader and Presta valves indicator is green when locked and ready to use and red when it's not
- Wide metal base adds stability for easy pumping and adds long lasting durability
- 38mm diameter high volume steel barrel is 21 inch high to offer premium performance
- Pumps to 120 PSI co molded T handle grips make inflation comfortable
- Sports ball needle and inflation cone included for added versatility
Schwinn has long been well-known for its high-quality cycling equipment, and the Schwinn Air Center Bike Pump is no exception.
This bike pump is perfect not only for road bikes but mountain and hybrid bikes as well. It easily reaches 120 PSI (or more in other sibling models) in no time, and with a few strong strokes on a stable steel base. It’s geared with an auto-switching-color indicator that signals when to start or stop pumping. The green color tells you that it’s ready to pump, and red means the opposite.
Compared to other inflators, this unit has a 27’’ long rubber hose for you to fill your bike tires in optimum comfort and without having to place them within a hand reach.
As with other best bike pumps on the market, the Schwinn Air Center Bike Pump also comes with a sports ball needle and an inflation cone.
- Affordable quality
- Sealing leaves little or no air leakage
- No need for a lever on the dual head nozzle
- Struggle to attach the valve
- Dimensions (inches) 26 x 9 x 4.5
- Weight (lbs) 2.2
- Works with both types of tires
- Air pressure gauge is precise and accurate
- Color-switching indicator for convenience
- Easily pumps to high pressure
Emoly Mini Bike Pumps
- 【Foot activated design】Anti-slip retractable pedals and cast -iron base makes this bike pump more stable and less slippery when inflating. Vertical pump design makes you effortless and quickly pumping, hand free. High pressure, up to 120psi, fast inflating and saving time.
- 【Multifunctional valves】Compatible to presta and schrader valve, the tire pump can inflate for bicycles, electric vehicles, motorcycles, sports balls and swimming rings. No harassment to convert components and parts without air leaks.
- 【Portable and Lightweight】As tall as a drink bottle, only a little bigger than iphone 6p, Weight 420g. After shrinking, it is more compact and can be freely placed in your bag.
- 【Durable and stable】The rubber tube of the portable air pump is dismountable, frost-proof and high temperature resistance. Inner and outer tubes are made of high-strength aluminum alloy, which is more wear-resistant and has a smooth surface
- 【】we provide 12 months , If you are not completely satisfied with our mini bicycle pump, we are willing to either provide a refund or a replacement
Simply in need of a bike pump without minding about the price or quality? Then the Emoly Mini Bike Pump should work for you.
Featuring the anti-slip retractable pedals and cast-iron base, this inflator is stable and less slippery, giving you effortless and hand-free pumping experience.
It works just as promised, and is available at a price that couldn’t be any cheaper.
While you pump your tires comfortably and painlessly, this unit is offered a refund or a replacement within 12 months of use.
- Compact, lightweight and can be freely stored in bag
- Faulty connector may not fit a standard bike valve
- Dimensions (inches) 7.4 x 3.74 x 3.11
- Weight (lbs) 12.1 ounces (approx. 0.76lbs)
- Anti-slip retractable pedals
- Multifunctional valves
Malker Bike Pumps
- Mini Aluminum Alloy Bicycle pump barrel, ULTRA DURABLE design and EASY TO CARRY. The bike pump is small enough to easily fit in your bike bag too. You will be able to deal with a flat tire outside anywhere and anytime.Mini bike floor pump is one of the most powerful lightweight bicycle Floor pumps available.
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT--- It is almost weightless (only 200g) and extremely compact that can be attached to the bike frame under the water bottle cage with the mounting bracket
- EASY TO USE --- Dual action pumping and thumb lock, up to 130 psi capacity that allows you to use this floor pump to inflate the bike tire from flat during emergencies repair or keep the tire pressure up during the long rides. In addition. You are also able to inflate the sports balls with the gas needle. DON'T RIDE WITHOUT IT, it is your best partner of bike
- Bonus---Malker bicycle pump with 2 tire levers，Mounting bracket and Glueless Puncture Repair Kit, Perfect combination can completely solve your tire blew trouble
- We are committed to provide excellent customer service with our UNCONDITIONAL Free Replacement or Money back guarantee for a period of 18 months.
I was under the impression that this bike pump would be bulky and heavy, but all the skepticism went away as soon as I first used it.
Even though it can be used as a hand pump, the pump has a fold-out foot stand for you to use it as a mini floor pump, which is more efficient when you need higher pressure.
The manufacturer also bonuses us with 2 tire levers and a pocket-sized bike patch kit, a savior that fixes any problem your bike may encounter.
Plus, you also get such excellent customer service from the brand with unconditional free replacement or a money-back guarantee within 18 months of purchase.
- A clip attached to the water bottle cage bolts
- Aluminum alloy pump barrel for ultra-durability and easy carrying
- Loose seal leads to air leakage
- Dimensions (inches) 1.6 x 12 x 3.5
- Weight (lbs) 0.4
- Dual action pumping and thumb lock
TOOLITIN Bike Pumps
- 【One-piece Aluminum Barrel】The one-piece aluminum barrel has a better inflation effect than the steel barrel, and TOOLITIN’s air barrel has more air storage, and the pumping will be completed faster.
- 【Wider and Thicker Base】Made of high-quality steel, it is stronger and more stable than other plastic bases. The surface of the base also adds a rubber anti-skid pad to make you more stable when inflating.
- 【Detachable Carried accessory box】TOOLITIN bicycle air pump adopts a new-style protective box design, the accessories are placed in the protective box, instead of sticking to the base like an ordinary bicycle air pump accessories, which is easy to store and not easy to lose
- 【Accurate Pressure Gauge】- Max 160 PSI / 11 Bar high pressure capacity, ergonomic bicycle floor pump with pressure gauge , accurate air pressure can be displayed when inflated, making it easier to visually see and fit easily into the proper pressure prevents accidental tire blowouts.
- 【Widely Applications】TOOLITIN foot bike pump Compatible with presta and schrader valves,it can inflate bicycles, electric bicycle, motorcycles.We prepared other inflatable accessories for you. You can also inflate air cushions, swimming rings, basketballs, footballs, lifebuoys, air cushions, and any inflatable ball toys.
It’s a versatile bike pump that fills not only bike tires, but motorbike tires and even car tires as well. After months of use, I found that it only took me around 20 pumps to get my bike tires from flat to completely full at 60 PSI.
The product also comes with 2 different connectors to fit items of different sizes, whether a basketball, a baby trolley, or even an inflatable boat.
I would recommend this tool to anyone looking for a compact pump that does the job and saves space.
- Smooth gas nozzle for smooth operation
- Super lightweight
- Applicable to a variety of inflatables
- Pump may lack pressure
- Dimensions (inches) X
- Weight (lbs) 15.2 ounces (approx. 1lbs)
- Compatible with Presta and Schrader valves
- Bright spray paint effect hard to fall off
- Thicker pedal
- 2-in-1 American and French specification air nozzle kit
Best for Travel: Lezyne CNC Bike Pump
- HIGH PRESSURE: 220psi Designed for Road Bike Tires and other Low-Volume Tire Applications.
- DURABLE: Crafted from Durable Machined CNC Aluminum with Steel Barrel and Piston. High-Quality Materials.
- GAUGE: Equipped with Oversized 3.5" Analogue Gauge for Clear and Accurate Tire Pressure Readings.
- HOSE: Equipped with Extra Long High-Strength Hose with Aluminum Couplers.
- PRESTA & SCHRADER: Equipped with ABS1 Pro Flip-Thread Chuck System. The chuck quickly “flips” for Presta or Schrader valves and threads on for superior engagement.
For those looking for a bike pump that inflates tires up to 220 PSI, they should consider the Lezyne Classic Floor Drive Bike Pump. This is a very powerful inflator, with an extra long high-strength hose, gets you to your desired air pressure without unfortunate air leakage.
What I like about this model is the fact that the head screws on to the tire valve threads, so there’s no need to push the head on and flip up a lever to lock it into place like other bike pumps.
This buddy comes preloaded with a Presta valve perfect for anyone using this type of tire. Should you want to switch to Schrader valve, simply unscrew the pump’s head with fingers and flip it around.
If you’re alternating between 2 types of tires, you may prefer a different model.
- Needle attachment included to inflate balls
- Varnished wood handle and premium paint finish
- Relatively expensive compared to other models
- The gauge is somewhat 10lbs heavier than described
- Dimensions (inches) 26 x 11 x 8.8
- Weight (lbs) 3.9
- Comes with Presta valve by default
- Easily gets to 220 PSI
- Large 3.5” precision gauge to prevent air loss
Planet Bike ALX 2 Bike Pumps
- ELECTRIC BIKE READY: perfect bicycle floor pump for your electric, fat tire, road, gravel, mountain, and adventure bikes
- STRONG FLOOR PUMP: lightweight aluminum barrel, classic wood handle, easy to use, with large pressure gauge for smooth and accurate inflation
- INFLATES UP TO 160 PSI: pressure rated up to 200 PSI including one valve to fit both Presto and Schroeder inner tubes
- INFLATE EVERYTHING IN THE GARAGE: inflate sports equipment, inflatables, air mattresses, includes needle for pumping up any item that needs inflating in your garage or apartment
- LIFETIME OF USE: Planet Bike’s service allows for peace of mind that this will be the last bike pump you need to buy
If you’re not riding frequently, then the Planet Bike ALX 2 Pump is the best choice for you.
After a few uses, I feel this pump is more of a backup tool if you don’t have your standard pump with you since it’s very small and compact, which can be stashed in a jersey pocket.
Plus, it’s the only bike pump that comes with a lifetime warranty whereas other models are backed with industry-standard 2 years of warranty.
But, the plastic head pump is a reason why it isn’t my top pick, and the very short hose is another drawback.
Overall, it’s a high-quality pump that inflates your tires even faster than the Lezyne Classic Floor Drive Bike Pump.
- Very lightweight
- High stability and usability thanks to wide wooden handle
- Fast air compression
- Takes a lot of effort to inflate
- Dimensions (inches) 9 x 6 x27
- Weight (lbs) 2.89
- Fit both Presta and Schrader tires
Best Bang for Bucks: Crankbrothers Bike Pump
- Hp and HV equipped - foot activated high pressure/high volume switch
- Lightweight stamped base tri-pod for stability and style
- Corrosion resistant aluminum body
- 2 stage Presto and Schrader ready
- Bar/PSI gauge placed uniquely so it's easy to read while pumping
After my neighbor lent me this bike pump from Crankbrothers, I had a life-changing experience.
First off, switching from high pressure to high volume is a piece of cake, you only need to flip the lever to switch back and forth.
One thing distinguishes this pump from other models is the lock lever position, which is on the opposite. All you have to do is push it down to attach it to the pump, then pull it up to lock.
A 5-year warranty from the manufacturer is a plus, especially during the quarantine time when all of us are forced to stay inside.
- Storage inside the handle for ball needles
- Works on mountain bikes, road bikes, hybrid bikes, and BMX
- Large dial gauge is a little less halfway up the barrel
- High pressure/ volume is somewhat flimsy and unstable
- Dimensions (inches) 8 x 8 x 8
- Weight (lbs) 1.75
- Works with Schrader and Presta valves
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum design
- Tripod style base
Best for Teating Tubeless Tires: Topeak JoeBlow Booster Bike Pump
- Aluminum barrel and steel base
- Max pressure 160Psi/11 bar
- Smarthead DX3 with air release button
The Topeak Joewblow Booster Bike Pump is on the expensive side, but the quality it brings is second to none.
Specifically designed with tubeless application in mind, this bike pump does its job very well in seating your tubeless tires on your rims, without relying on an air compressor.
It’s also worth it for the extra-long pivot hose, which connects to the tires from just anywhere, and the dial is easy to operate with one hand.
Plus, the valve chuck won’t create a seal even if you remove the valve core.
Whether your tires are 26’’ or 700c, tubed or tubeless, this user-friendly and durable bike pump from Topeak will top them off with ease.
- The tubeless feature is priceless (especially when your family is sleeping)
- Well-built with strong components that lasts for years
- Make tubeless easier than clincher
- Need more force when get to higher pressure
- Dimensions (inches) 30.5 x 10 x 8
- Weight (lbs) 1
- Works with Schrader and Presta valves
- Smarthead DX3 with air release button
LEZYNE CNC Bike Pumps
- Material: CNC-machined aluminum
- Dimensions: 6 x 8 x 25in
- Valve Type: Schrader, Presta
- Max Pressure: 220psi
- Hose Length: 1700mm
Lezyne is well-known for its high-quality cycling equipment, so many of its products appear on the list. Don’t skip if you’re looking for the best travel companion.
The Lezyne CNC Bike Pump comes with ABS flip-thread chuck that releases air from the tube to help you adjust your tire pressure as desired. That said, it works as both an inflator and a deflator.
There is a heavy-duty, canvas bag for you to store this buddy while on the road, and the adaptors are also a bonus from the manufacturers.
The pump hose is a bit short, but it’s a travel pump.
Other than that, everything else is well-built and excellent and should last for years.
- Lightweight, well-made
- Quality is top-notch
- Digital pressure gauge cannot be replaced
- Dimensions (inches) 20 x 7.4 x 2.3
- Weight (lbs) 1.1
- Works with Schrader and Presta valves
- Flip-thread chuck equipped with Air Bleed System (ABS)
Best for Low-Pressure Fat Tires & Moderate-Pressure MTB: Topeak JoeBlow Dualie Bike Pump
- New 3" mid-mount gauge
- New hammer style TwinHead DX with extra long 360 pivot hose works with all tire valves
- Max pressure: 160 psi/11 bar
- Includes ball and bladder needles
- Dual density polymer, ergonomic, oversized handle
Now we’re on the last bike pump of the list, but don’t rush to other sections because you might as well miss an excellent option.
The oversized barrel has reduced not only the number of strokes, but also the time that you need to get to your desired tire pressure.
Also, the product comes with a dual gauge, each is specifically designed for a type of bike breed: one for fat bikes and one for mountain bikes. Not only are the gauges precise, but are also easy to read.
- Pretty versatile
- Oversized barrel for added comfort and stability
- Excessive air loss when removing the pump head from the valve tube
- Dimensions (inches) 28 x 11 x 8
- Weight (lbs) 4.3
- Twin head for both types of tires
- Oversized cylinder is 1.5 times larger
- Air release button to adjust pressure
- Dual gauge
The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Best Bike Pumps In 2021
When it comes to buying a bike pump, there are several things you need to consider before jumping to buy one. Keep these tips in mind to make an informed decision as to which bike pump you should purchase.
There are 2 popular types of valve being widely used right now – Presta and Schrader valves.
Presta valve is typically found in road bikes, which caters for high-performance bikes that require high pressure. Schrader valve, on the other hand, is found on mountain bike tires.
Luckily, many brands have resolved this problem by designing an interchangeable valve stem in which one side fits the Presta valve, whereas the other one fits the Schrader valve.
However, you need to check to see what type of valve your tires have to ensure you buy the right bike pump. Otherwise, you’d waste your money pointlessly on something that works for the other valve type.
Knowing the pressure you need can help your bike function optimally.
Normally, road bikes pressure ranges between 85 and 130 PSI and the pressure for mountain bikes is from 30 – 50 PSI.
It’s crucial you confirm your PSI number with the appropriate bike pump. Otherwise, you’d under-inflated or over-inflate your tires.
Besides, it may not be necessary to own a 200 or 220 PSI bike pump at all since it may have faults in gauge or other parts.
My advice is that you choose a pump that does the job effectively at a reasonable price point.
Let’s move onto the gaugy-thing. Again, find a gauge that delivers accurate information, and is easy to read. You don’t want to damage your tires with the faulty one right?
For large pumps, you’ll definitely get a gauge shipped inside the package. For smaller ones, unfortunately, you may need to buy a separate gauge.
You can also opt for a digital gauge for long-term use with precision and readability. Investing in gauges is worth the money and effort since they help you pump the correct amount of air pressure into your tires without shortening your bike life shell.
Pump size & Weight
There are many types of pump for home usage such as track pumps or electronic pumps, which are relatively heavy.
For avid riders, it’s best to have a single-use mini pump or a pocket-sized pump that saves you when your tires go flat in the middle of nowhere.
Depending on how frequently you travel, you may want to consider owning a quality bike pump that not only gives the correct air pressure amount, but saves time and effort as well. I’m sure you don’t want to spend your last energy pumping those tires and then go exhausted.
As a rule of thumb, expensive bike pumps are constructed with high-end, durable materials that last for a couple of years. These pumps are typically made of steel or aluminum, usually polished to prevent corrosion.
Plastic pumps are an alternative to these not-so-budget-friendly pumps. And the trade-off is that they wear down easier and may not deliver the exact pressure as the first use.
If you travel with high intensity/ frequency, you’d be better off investing in a bike pump that is able to maintain the quality after repeated uses.
Best Bike Pump – FAQs
What is the best bike pump to buy?
It all depends on what type of bike you have and how often you ride to make a wise decision that does the job nicely at a fair price.
There are several models which I believe to be the best on the market right now:
- l Topeak JoeBlow Booster Bike Pump – best for tubeless tires
- l Aergun X-1000 Bike Pump – best for user-friendliness
- l Vibrelli Bike Floor Pump – best cheap pump
- l Lezyne CNC Bike Pump – best for travel
- l Topeak JoeBlow Dualie – best for fat tires
What kind of bike pump do I need?
Ideally, you should choose a pump that balances all criteria (gauge, barrel, functionality, design, price, etc.) while providing you the necessary air pressure. Don’t drop your coins on a pump just because it looks cool!
Are there different types of bike pumps?
There are various types of bike pump designed for a specific purpose. These includes:
Track Pump – a must-have for every cyclist
Track pump is also known as floor pump, which is highly versatile that always comes with a long flexible hose, pressure gauge and a large air chamber for fast and effective inflation.
If you travel frequently or need to inflate larger items such as car tires, I highly recommend you have it in your garage.
Hand Pump – emergency savior
Hand pumps or mini-pumps should only be ‘called’ for emergencies or occasional use thanks to their lightweight and compact design. However, such pumps may not deliver the ideal air pressure to your tires.
Even though they come in handy when your tires go flat somewhere distant, the cartridges are expensive. Also, the number of cartridges available determines the attempts you have to refill your tires.
Personally, I don’t think this type of pump is worth the investment
A frame pump is larger and longer than a hand pump in terms of design, which in turns deliver better air transfer and can be attached to the triangle frame of the bicycle for convenience.
If you own a mountain bike, it’s great to equip yourself with a shock pump. The small, compact, and lightweight shock pump will have higher air pressure than other types of pump, usually up to 300 PSI. Thus, you can freely pump your tires and adjust the pressure as desired.
Do I need a special pump for road bike tires?
Definitely yes, if you’re an avid rider and want to extend the life of your bicycle.
But don’t worry because manufacturers have made things easier with the interchangeable valve stem that connects both Presta and Schrader valves.
You can opt for such multifunctional pumps should you buy a mountain bike in the future.
How do you remove a bike pump without losing air?
It’s normal to hear the ‘’phut’’ sound when you pluck out the pump, and it always happens. But be happy because it’s not a “phhhhh” sound, which means your tires are running out of air.
When you remove the tool, remember to put a bit of pressure on the valve while screwing the core down. That way could help you reduce the air loss to a minimal extent.
Best Bike Pump – Finals Words:
There you have it!I hope this complete buying guide will help you in finding the right one for your needs! Stay tuned for more updates!