Looking for 4 wheelers for 10 year olds? The best way to keep kids happy is by buying them useful and fun gifts. Something they can use for relatively long time and something that can help them discover new things about themselves. There are several options that can be suitable for children of all changes. 4 wheelers are ones such thing. Lots of children of all genders are really into handling vehicles and want to try driving. If that applies to your kid as well, then 4 wheelers are the best gift you can give them.
To give your kids a fun and adventurous first experience driving a vehicle, it is a clever thing to buy them 4 wheelers. As an introduction to driving, 4 wheelers are the safest and most optimal choice. You will not regret it because they are going to have a lot to gain from the gift.
However, before purchasing any item, you need to know the details about it first. You need to be aware of which brands available on the market sell actually good products. The different types of 4 wheelers that are out there and which one is the best option for you. There are some more factors to consider when buying it.
And acquiring all of such information requires you to do a lot of market research. If you are still stuck on how to go about it or you don’t have that much spare time, don’t worry. This article was written precisely to solve that kind of problem. Here we discuss all you need to know about selecting and buying the 4 wheels for the children around 10 years old.
What is a 4 wheeler for kids?
Assuming most of the readers probably are aware of what a 4 wheeler is, we will not be getting too into details. But for the newbies or those that might have forgotten it, it is an off-road vehicle that can provide you with an extreme and swift escapade that a regular vehicle cannot provide. 4 wheelers are designed specifically for small children who presumably have not had their first driving experience.
The vehicle guarantees your child will learn how to drive while staying safe. It’s actually quite hard to fall from a 4 wheeler because it’s designed in a way that makes keeping balance super easy. As we all know, keeping balance is the number one difficulty all new learners find hard to overcome.
4 Wheelers For 10 Year Olds: What To Look For
The vehicle of this kind is the best gift you can think of buying for your kids because it gives them a valuable and fun outdoor experience. Especially great if you are trying to get your kids off of their electronic gadgets for at least few hours a day. However, before you buy an item, you need to have a checklist of the things your selection will satisfy. Below are some factors you must consider before buying that can help you make the right choice.
First and foremost, before buying any product for that matter, you must always consider its quality. In this case that would be the approximated period the selected option can last without getting damaged. Furthermore, it could include things like correct construction and good materials. It can even include things like a quality customer service from the manufacturer’s side.
Four wheelers are a costly item in comparison to most gifts you can buy for 10 years olds. Therefore, when you buy one for your kids, it should be a kind of an investment. You must expect it to last for an extended period of time without getting damaged. The extended period of time should ideally be for as long as your kid outgrows it. If the quality is really good, you should probably be able to pass it to their younger sibling or relative. Or perhaps donate it so other small children can use it too.
As much as people say the lasting period of an item depends on the user, it is also contributed by the quality of the item itself. That is because, especially for such an item, you cannot really use it for purposes other than driving. A quality 4 wheeler should have a low maintenance cost. It should also not have any mechanical failure. This is one of the most important factors as that can cause accidents and injuries to your child.
Remember, these are still very young kids and may not sense danger early enough to take the necessary precaution. Therefore, you should be careful when choosing the right item.
Seek a quality product with sturdy materials. A firm vehicle usually has a frame made of steel, rubber tires and some plastic parts. The material the vehicle is made of will determine how long it lasts. High quality materials will last for a long time. You can also pay attention to the item being eco friendly if possible. (If that’s an important factor for you when buying different products. Fortunately, there are some options out there.)
4 Wheelers entirely made out of plastic are a no go. They will likely fall apart after couple uses. Watch out if you live in a place with lots of heat they may even melt. The frame should be build in a way that does no budge or break. Nothing should be too thin because not only will thin parts fall apart easily, they are less safe as well. It’s simple physics.
Tires are critical factors to consider, especially if you are looking for an off-road wheeler. The best tire to go for is a quad thick treaded tire. The angle thread is great for dirt, and the paddle thread is suitable for sandy roads. Select your most suitable option depending on the place of your residence. The first one is good if your family lives in a small town or in a zone with lots of mountains. The latter is obviously a better choice for seaside residence.
Thickness of tires is the key factor. Thickness is important not only because the tires last longer thicker they are. But also because it’s much safer. It’s easier to keep balance when you have a support from bigger surface because larger surface increases friction. Again, dumbed down high school physics.
When it comes to size, it is usually the size and weight of the overall vehicle that matters. And not the size of other parts such as the engine for example, or pedals separately. Kids differ in size even if they are of the same age. Some are tall, while others are short. The same could be said about the weight. Both are important factors when it comes to selecting the right item. The size of the vehicle you buy will, therefore, depend on the size of your kid.
It is essential to know the size of your kid before you go to the market to purchase the vehicle for them. Choose a vehicle that your kid can get hold of and control comfortably without straining. A kid may get overwhelmed with the vehicle, and therefore, they will sometimes not care whether they are straining to use it or not. That may cause some health issues. Therefore, it is your responsibility to ensure you choose the right size wheeler for your child.
Here’s what’s going to happen:
Not only that but it’s simply not safe to make a kid drive a wheeler too small or too big for their build. If it’s too small they will likely strain their back or neck bending and forcing their muscles to move. On the other hand, incidents are more likely to happen when the item is too big. A small child can easily slip off of it. They can also strain their backs trying to reach the pedals or get comfortable on their seat. Or even when trying to reach the handle. They may attempt to stand up, which is a common driving trick but it’s not safe for inexperienced riders.
The 4 wheels are of two main types. There is gas ATV and electric ATV. Electric ATV uses electricity, and therefore its power is limited. Not the best option for someone who is just learning how to drive a car. You plan to go on a longer journey, and the power runs out mid way. That may inconvenience the child, especially if they are alone. Of course, that doesn’t mean electric ATV is completely useless and you shouldn’t buy it. But perhaps it would be better to not buy it as an introductory gift to driving.
It would help if you chose a more reliable ATV. In most cases, you need to consider your child. An electric ATV is safer for the child than a gas ATV, even if its power may be limited. Safety comes first before any other thing. If you select electric one, make sure there’s always a back up power source. If you choose the gas one, make sure it’s of super high quality with minimal to zero damage possibility.
Durability and price
You must have considerable money set aside to purchase the right 4 wheeler. The amount of money you have will determine the type and quality you can afford to purchase. Although price depends on quality, you also need to be careful because sellers can offer low quality at a high price if you have no idea about the varieties and the range of prices that differ according to them. Simply do research about the most well known and experienced manufacturers and stick to them.
You must first know the different brands available and the price range their offer in exchange of the quality of their items. Also, know the type you have an interest in purchasing. You can perform window shopping before buying an item to avoid unpleasant incidents on the day of an actual purchase. Window shopping can be done online too. Don’t be overambitious. Develop interest only in the brands you know you can afford.
You don’t need to be too hellbent on the price though (unless you have a fixed amount of money). Be ready to spend to get something that is of good quality. Have some extra amount so that you can easily adjust if you find something better for a little more than you had in mind.
Gas power ATVs are faster but require gas or diesel to power them. For the electric ATs, you will need to charge them to total capacity before use. The choice lies with you. However, keep in mind that because an electric one has limited power if you want to go for long trips, you need to always have a back up power source.
4 Wheelers For 10 Year Olds: Key Features
There are features that every 4 wheel vehicle must have to ensure its smooth operation and safety. Below are some of those critical features.
Seat Belt: Every four-wheel vehicle must have a seat belt for safety purposes. This is to avoid injuries when an instant brake is applied. The seat belt will hold the kid in position.
Speed Adjustment System: This will help limit and regulate the speed as either high or low.
Battery cover: The 4 wheel must have a battery cove to enhance protection for your child and the battery.
Braking system: It must have a safe breaking that automatically stops the vehicle whenever the child is on the brake pedal.
Safety add-ons to the quad: This is usually suitable for the age of the child
4 Wheelers for 10 Year Olds: Types
TheThe vehicles are of different types depending on the features they have and how to operate them. Some of them are discussed below.
TaoTao ATV TForce 110cc
You can consider buying this type of 4 wheels for your kid if you want to buy them a gift. It has a variety of color options and is also meant for kids who want to get down and dirty with their experience and for those who have proven their riding skills.
- Has reverse capabilities. That makes it easier for your kid to pull out when they get stuck in a tight spot.
- Fully automatic. That makes it easier for kids who have not yet mastered shifting to operate the vehicle. You can also easily control its speed.
- Bigger tires. This gives it a ground clearance of 6 inches.
- It comes with front, and rear suspensions that ensure it can overcome any terrain.
- The speed throttle is easy to control, so that you can adjust the speed without any problem.
- The hydraulic disc brake system is easy to manipulate hence providing smooth riding.
- Easy to operate
- Easy to master the skills
- Enhance safety for the user
- Even if you have not mastered the skills, you can operate it because it is automatic
- It’s gas-powered; therefore, its power is not limited.
- Has a cooling system
- Low seat design
- Neutral and reverse gear
- Quite expensive
- It takes longer to warm up
- The suspension system is stiff at first
Razor Dune Buggy-Powerful Kids Go-Kart
It is a top-notch 4 wheeler made with a razor. It also comes with a powerful electric motor with a very high speed.
- It has a solid and durable frame
- Has a seatbelt to enhance the safety of the user
- Carries up to 120 pounds
- It noiseless therefore has a significant operation park.
- It has a rechargeable battery that can last upto 40 minutes while being used continuously.
- Its hand controls are easy to handle
- It has 8-inch knobby pneumatic tires perfect for hard terrain and off-road carting.
- Has removable safety flag
- It has various speeds, so you can move at any speed you want
- Safety harness
- It has a long-lasting steel frame
- Has sharp turning
- A riding session can only take forty minutes because its rechargeable battery can only last for that period. That limits the user.
It offers a fully automatic transmission and is air-cooled for stroke engines. It is also easy to use because it has hand and rear brakes. Most parents are obsessed with it, and you can also consider buying it for your kid.
- It is designed with a good size wheel.
- It is sturdy enough and can bear more weight. Its weight capacity is 132 pounds.
- You can set the maximum speed for your child and regulate it later because it has a throttle limiter with a good speed range.
- It has comparatively less weight than other brands
- Has a firm engine
- Remote control
- It is fully assembled, so you don’t have to stress looking for other accessories.
- Has no reverse
- Poor suspension system
FITRIGHT Electric Go Kart
This product has three different speed modes. It also allows the parent to regulate the speed of their kids, which is a great perk. It is designed with a foot brake, enabling the kids to control it easily.
- The frame is made of high-tensile steel, which is quite durable
- It has an adjustable seat and a seat belt which enhances safety and comfort to the user.
- The wheeler has a rechargeable battery with 48v, providing a one-hour riding session.
- This model weighs 140 pounds and can carry more weight.
- It has three speed-control options, and therefore you can easily choose the one you are comfortable with
- Safety harness and therefore the kids do not have to worry when using it
- Parental control
- It has a battery life indicator, and therefore you are aware when your battery is getting low.
- It is costly
- Belt fastening could sometimes be challenging
FITRIFGT Electric Mini ATV
This is another sterling vehicle that the Fitright brand makes. It features a powerful engine and 36v battery that can provide off-road riding for a long. It also has three-speed modes and can be controlled by a parent.
- It comes with a front and rear disc brake, which is easy to operate. That gives the kids an easy time.
- It has a rechargeable lead-acid battery that provides up to one hour of continuous use.
- The speed modes are divided into low, medium, and high for the safety of the child riding it with a maximum speed of 15MPH
- It also comes with a headlight, key start, and forward and reverse switch.
- It has a weight capacity of 150 pounds, suitable for kids of that age.
- The weight of the wheels are lighter than other brands
- It is handled with a brushless engine which is less potent than the competitors but is still enough for its operation
- Professionally designed wheeler especially fit for kids of all ages
- Safety measurements taken seriously
- Easy to assemble
- Fast shipping and can be delivered almost everywhere
- Durable and built to last for a long time
- No lock nuts so it can be wobbly
4 Wheelers for 10 Year Olds: Driving Safety Tips
There are safety tips that every kid should know before driving the 4 wheels. They include the following.
- Hold the wheel slowly.
Smooth control keeps you in control of the car. It is essential to keep a steady hold of the wheel when taking turns.
- Follow a reasonable distance.
You should always ensure you keep an adequate cushion between yourself and the car in front of you regardless of your driving experience; otherwise, you may cause an accident.
- Be aware of road signs.
You need to develop a comprehensive understanding of all road signs, safety signals, and road markings. Never ignore any road sign or safety signal because you feel confident in your driving abilities. That may cost you a lot because every sign is posted for a reason.
Whether you are a parent who wishes to buy a 4 wheel for their kids or a kid who knows how to drive it, this article is meant for you. It provides everything you need to know about a 4 wheel.